Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Drawer Dividers


We're starting to clean out our house to eventually put it on the market, so I took a Saturday morning and decided to weed through my clothes.  Two Goodwill-labeled garbage bags full of of tube tops, short shirts, and way too low cut pants that just won't work for this momma anymore, and I was left with a still full dresser and a half full three-drawer plastic bin taking up entirely too much space in my closet.  In order to make space in the closet, the three-drawer bin had to go.  To free up space in the dresser, I combine two drawers using a quick, cheap divider.

Here's one of the original drawers.  I measured the width, depth, and height of the drawer.  Mine was 15" x 13" x 5".


I scoured the basement for something that would be rigid enough to act as a wall but was easy to cut.  I decided to use a cardboard box.  For each drawer, I cut one piece that was slightly under 15" x 5" and one that was slightly under 13"x5".   (Mayleigh decided that I needed a snowman pin in the picture.)


By this point, I had 2 helpers.  Kezzie practiced his standing while Mae "clipped" and wrote her "list" on the cardboard.


I don't have a picture of it, in the middle of each piece, I cut a slit 3/4 of the way through the cardboard then merged the two pieces together and fit it into the emptied drawer.



Here's what I came up with.


It's not the prettiest solution, but it freed up one of my drawers and I was able to get the plastic cart out of the closet! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of a spirited 3 year old girl and a spunky 1 year old boy, and I'm married to my highschool sweetheart. When I'm home, I enjoy spending time with my family. I like to make things instead of buying them (if I can). I'm constantly learning new things and looking for something new to try.

Popular Posts

Followers

Total Pageviews