Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas Stockings

I've been wanting to get custom Christmas stockings, but I just didn't want to spend the money.  Last year I attempted to make stockings and it was an epic fail.  This year, I was determined to try again, and if I failed again I was going to resort to ordering ridiculously overpriced "custom" stockings that wouldn't have been nearly as cute or blended as well with my hodge-podge decorating style.

I went on a Google hunt to find a tutorial that I didn't think I would totally botch.  I came across several, and I finally settled on this stocking tutorial.


It was very easy to follow, and she even has another tutorial on how to do the appliques! Before I began, I wasn't sure how to go about making the names; I didn't feel like cross-stitching them and I don't have a machine that does embroidery.  I was excited to learn this new technique, and I'm excited to use it on other projects too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
I'm a mother of a spirited 3 year old girl and a spunky 1 year old boy, and I'm married to my highschool sweetheart. When I'm home, I enjoy spending time with my family. I like to make things instead of buying them (if I can). I'm constantly learning new things and looking for something new to try.

Popular Posts

Followers

Total Pageviews